Tuesday, August 16, 2011

lots of sun, lots of free hugs! 16/8

Today was a bit of a mission as that seasonal flu seems to have caught up with me. However once again we were blessed with some unseasonal weather as we strolled the streets under the beautiful sun. This made me feel a little better and gave me some much needed inspiration. Lying in front of the library on the grass really did make me reminisce about summer festival memories and bailing on all resposibilities to meet 'Mary Jane' in the park for a frothy. Every man and his dog seemed to have a free hugs sign today, we must have seen dozens of these kids below floating around the CBD. But hey what's wrong with a free hug? A bit of tender loving care can go a long way, after all you can't put a price on love!
M.

 We saw this girl from some distance away, I was feeling pretty shit and really couldn't be bothered chasing her. But as you can see she was just to special to let go. I ran for a good hundred meetres to catch up with her and must have come close to cardiac arrest. But it was worth it, the combination of her fur coat and black jumper is a classic combination. The hat and her undeniable cuteness just topped it off.
M.

 This guy was about as sharp as a butchers knife. Perfectly dressed for a perfect day. I really dug his simple and elegant look, he could have been easily going down to the park to chill out or just as easily strolling into an unorthdox bar mitzvah. I don't think people realise how hard it is to pull off slicked back hair, give credit where credits due.
M.


 I think street photography and a blog like ours collide in a beautiful way when you find a person sitting or standing in the most perfect way. The subject takes no positioning as they're already in the perfect position. You capture them as you find them, and create a photo that couldn't be more honest.
M.

3 comments:

  1. Yep - its official. You have a bangin' blog. I love that people in Melbourne have free hugs signs hahaha> I'm yet to find any randoms have such signs in Perth city but I may have to be the first :P

    Anna xo

    http://lifesshinyprettythings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeh it's amazing how many random people you find if you're looking for them. sure there's similar characters over there in the west!
    thanks so much :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the black sweater on the first girl! Worth running after :)

    M.

    ReplyDelete